Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Kinesiological Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 2006
- DPT, Physical Therapy, George Washington University, Washington, DC 2009
Dr. Printz specializes in neurological and oncological physical therapy. She has worked in a variety of settings, but most recently within both inpatient and outpatient services at UC San Diego. She is board-certified as a neurologic certified specialist by the American Physical Therapy Association and holds a certification in PWR! and LSVT BIG treatments for patients with Parkinson’s disease. She recently joined the UC San Francisco faculty in 2016.
Dr. Printz specializes in treating patients with neurological and oncological diseases. She believes strongly that physical therapy should be both fun and functional in order to improve patients’ lifestyles and overall mobility. She is careful to avoid the “one size fits all” approach, and instead creates unique treatments based on each patient’s individual needs. She specializes in treating patients with movement disorders, ALS, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, blood and bone marrow cancers, and cognitive impairments.
CLINICAL AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Parkinson’s disease and Atypical Parkinsonism
- Brain tumors
- Post stem-cell transplantation and exercise
- Stroke recovery and home exercise adaptations