Assistant Clinical Professor, without salary
Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Combined Sciences, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, 2003
- DPT, Physical Therapy, Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
After attaining her degrees, Dr. Hoang completed her Orthopedic Residency, Manual Therapy Fellowship, and Movement Science Fellowship at Kaiser Permanente in Southern California. She is currently studying in the Prague approach of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization, which looks at developmental kinesiology and focuses on attaining proper motor control to restore function. She plans to apply these new techniques to her current practice.
Dr. Hoang believes in treating the body as a whole system. Everything is interconnected and even an injury to the toe can affect a person’s swing or pitch. Cathy uses manual therapy to assist the patient to attain optimal movement, then incorporates movement re-education to improve function in her exercise treatment approach.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
- Functional re-education for upper and lower quarter dysfunctions
- Preventative treatment and education in young athletes