Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- B.S Biology, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 2004
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ, 2007
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Sports Certified Specialist (SCS)
- Certified Pilates Rehab Instructor
Dr. Bergstedt is the lead physical therapist at UCSF San Francisco for the Sports Medicine Center for Young Athletes. She obtained her B.S. in Biology from Washington State University in Pullman, WA and her Doctorate of Physical Therapy at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ. She has experience in orthopedics and sports medicine throughout all age groups. She also has experience with woman’s health, and pediatric neurological and gross motor development. She currently volunteers as a part of the Medical team for sporting events. She enjoys running and traveling in her free time.
Dr. Bergstedt has a wide range of experience treating pediatric sports populations. She has worked in outpatient sports physical therapy practices in Seattle. After moving to San Francisco, she worked in the San Francisco School District before transitioning to Benioff Oakland Children’s Hospital as a part of the Sports Medicine Center for Young Athletes. Now she is the lead therapist for the SMCYA at the San Francisco Clinic.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- All pediatric sport related injuries including sprain/strains, fractures, pre and post surgery, dislocations, growth plate injuries, and biomechanics training
- Return to sport rehabilitation including agility and strength training
- Performing Arts and Dance Medicine
- Running Mechanics assessment and rehabilitation