Assistant Clinical Professor
- BA, Psychology, University of California, San Diego, 2004
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University of California, San Francisco / San Francisco State University, 2009
Dr. Green's areas of expertise include: application of manual therapy and therapeutic exercise for the treatment of patients with orthopedic and sports-related injuries as well as return-to-sport treatment progression and management. She received her B.A. in Psychology with a Minor in Spanish Literature from the University of California, San Diego and her DPT degree from UCSF/SFSU in 2009. Upon receiving her physical therapy license, she worked in a private, outpatient practice which emphasized treatment of sports-related and orthopedic injuries before joining UCSF in August 2012. She also received her Level III Manual Therapy Certification from the Kaiser Hayward 6-month Mentorship in Advance Orthopedic Manual Therapy in 2010 and has participated in volunteer teaching positions in Peru. She is also enrolled in the Kaiser Hayward Advanced Fellowship in Orthopedic Manual Therapy to be completed in May 2013.
Dr. Green has experience with a variety of musculoskeletal injuries in both pediatric and adult populations, and she enjoys collaborating with her patients to achieve self-directed goals. She employs an evidence-based approach to physical therapy treatment interventions, and she hopes to equip her patients with the tools required to continue their pursuit for a healthy, active lifestyle.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Evidence-based therapeutic exercise and manual treatment interventions
- Use of wellness programs to progress patients towards fitness and health goals
- Best practice for post-operative functional activity and return-to-sport progression