Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BA, Integrative Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, 2002
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 2007
Dr. Bhide is currently splitting her time between the Neurologic Acute Care service at the Parnassus campus and Faculty Practice at the Mount Zion campus. She obtained her B.A. from University of California, Berkeley and her Doctor of Physical Therapy from University of Southern California. She has experience working in a variety of settings including Acute Rehab, Neurology ICU, Acute Care, Home Health and the Outpatient settings.
Dr. Bhide has a wide range of experience treating patients with neurologic diagnoses. She worked in Acute Rehab at Rancho Los Amigos on the stroke service as well as in the Seating Center, where she assisted patients with their seating and mobility needs. While in Los Angeles, she opened her own Home Health company where she managed PT, OT and SLP therapists. She is currently the Lead PT on the neurology service at the Parnassus campus and is now also treating patients with neurologic diagnoses at the Faculty Practice.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Rehabilitation of persons with neurologic problems including stroke, spinal cord injury, brain tumors and degenerative diseases
- Use of bracing to assist patients in achieving maximal functional outcomes and independence
- Seating and positioning to optimize patients' mobility in the home and community