Assistant Clinical Professor, without salary
- BS, Exercise Science, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 2002
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, St. Augustine, FL, 2005
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Manual Therapy Certification (MTC)
- LANA-Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT-LANA)
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
Dr. Manibusan's areas of expertise include lymphedema, breast oncology, manual therapy, orthopaedic dysfunction related to functional mobility. She obtained her BS from Auburn University in Exercise Science, and her Doctor of Physical Therapy from the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences. After graduating from the USA, she obtained her Manual Therapy Certification, and has most recently completed training to become a Certified Lymphatic Therapist in 2011 and became LANA-certified soon after. Prior to her appointment here at UCSF, she was on faculty as a clinical instructor at the University of South Florida with primary direction over orthopaedics and clinical problem solving. She has also served as a clinical instructor for interns in various programs. She is currently involved with the development of an oncology rehabilitation program in the faculty practice, as well as Strength After Breast Cancer for lymphedema prevention and improved function. Dr. Manibusan has also integrated care into the Breast Cancer Center offering immediate care prior to treatment, during, and after treatment to a variety of breast cancer and oncology patients.
Dr. Manibusan promotes an active lifestyle and education to facilitate long lasting improvement in functional deficits. She applies an evidence-based, patient-centered approach to treatment, with a strong influence of manual therapy and postural/core stability to enable patients to reach their optimal outcome.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Lymphedema and oncology rehabilitation/wellness
- Orthopaedic dysfunction in relation to postural and core abnormalities