International Applicant RequirementsIn addition to the application requirements outlined on the Application Requirements page, international applicants must also meet the following requirements:
1. FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS AND COURSES
- Applicants who completed coursework at an international institution must submit a Foreign Transcript Evaluation Report directly to PTCAS. The program requires applicants to purchase the "Course-by-Course Report" through the World Education Services for the transcript evaluation process.
- For Canadian courses, if the transcript is in English, the applicant must submit the original transcript directly to PTCAS. If the transcript is not in English, the applicant must submit a Foreign Transcript Evaluation Report, as outlined above.
- Upon admission, applicants must also submit original foreign transcripts directly to the program.
2. COURSEWORK REVIEW
- Applicants interested in advising related to prerequisite coursework requirements must submit original course syllabi and translated syllabi directly to the program.
3. ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
- If English is not the applicant's primary language, the program encourages the applicant to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Submit TOEFL scores directly to PTCAS using code 5312 by the application deadline of October 1.
Minimum scores required:
- Paper-based test (PBT): 550
- Computer-based test (CBT): 213
- Internet-based test (IBT): 80
- Minimum overall score: 7.0
An applicant may waive the TOEFL/ IELTS requirement if s/he has successfully earned a Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited U.S. institution where English was the principal language of instruction.
More information on the International Applicant policies: