Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Exercise Science, University of Hawaii, HI, 2003
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Physical Therapist (FAAOMPT)
After graduation, Dr. Toma completed the Kaiser Permanente Southern California Orthopedic Residency, Manual and Movement Fellowships in 2009. He has previously served in clinical faculty and committee roles for the orthopedic residency programs of Kaiser Permanente, Loma Linda University, Stanford Healthcare, worked closely alongside his physician colleagues in interdisciplinary family practice, sports medicine, and temporomandibular clinic settings, and is currently adjunct faculty for the physical therapy program at Samuel Merritt University.
Dr. Toma’s therapeutic approach is varied in perspective with a strong emphasis on an active (education centered with the goal of promoting self-empowerment), collaborative (listening and involving patients in their care decisions), and evidence based management (incorporating literature and clinical expertise) to movement dysfunction across the lifespan from the athletic adolescent to the thriving geriatric population.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- General musculoskeletal injuries (including chronic low back pain and temporomandibular joint dysfunction)
- Clinical reasoning
- Vestibular rehabilitation