Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BA, Physiotherapy, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 2009
- MPhysio, Masters of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 2013
- Physical Therapist (PT)
Mrs. Smale is an Australian-trained Musculoskeletal Physical Therapist working per diem at Mount Zion. She obtained her BA and Masters degree in Melbourne, working as a Physical Therapist for five years before relocating to San Francisco in 2015. Mrs. Smale is now also licensed in the State of California. She has experience working in both Private Practice and Outpatient settings.
Mrs. Smale has wide range of experience treating patients with musculoskeletal diagnoses. She has worked with patients who are: preparing for, and recovering from orthopedic surgeries; rehabilitation of sporting injuries, rehabilitation from neck and back injuries, peripheral nerve injuries and clinical Pilates.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Rehabilitation following orthopedic surgery of sporting injuries and chronic pain
- Designing individualized home exercise programs to improve movement control
- Treatment of peripheral nerve pain related to chronic back and neck pain