Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143-0625
- BA, Religion and Dance, Oberlin College, Oberlin Ohio 2002
- DPT, Physical Therapy, George Washington University, Washington DC 2010
After completing her degrees, Dr. Santee worked as an orthopedic physical therapist in private practice. In 2012 she graduated from the Folsom Yearlong Orthopedic Manual Therapy Course. In 2014 she became a Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist. She left private practice to join UCSF in 2015. She supplements her clinical practice with ongoing continuing education in orthopedic, sports, and manual physical therapy. Other interests include modern dance, travel, gardening, and spending time outdoors.
Dr. Santee utilizes current evidence and a biomechanical approach to movement dysfunction in order to customize treatment plans and help patients achieve their goals. Patient education, manual therapy, core/postural stabilization, and sport/task specific movement re-education are key elements to recovery and prevention of future injury. Dr. Santee promotes active and healthy lifestyles and believes that successful rehabilitation results from collaboration and dedication. She strives to create a fun and interactive learning experience for each patient.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Evidence-Based Therapeutic Exercise and Manual Interventions
- Rehabilitation for Performing Artists
- Movement Re-education for Upper and Lower Extremity Injuries
- Sports and Performance Psychology