Phone: (415) 353-7598
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Exercise Physiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2011
- DPT, Physical Therapy, Florida International University, Miami, FL, 2015
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency Program, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 2018
- Physical Therapist (PT) California and Florida
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
Dr. Garbalosa is a full time clinician at the Faculty Practice located on the UCSF Mission Bay campus. He obtained his B.S. from the University of Florida (Go Gators!) & his DPT from Florida International University. He previously worked as a traveling physical therapist & with pediatric athletes in Miami, Florida at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital. Victor came over to UCSF in 2017 and graduated from the UCSF Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency Program.
Dr. Garbalosa has a wide range of experience treating patients with orthopedic diagnoses. He has worked in a hand and upper extremity clinic, treated workers comp patients, exclusively treated pediatric patients with orthopedic conditions, and has gained valuable experience at UCSF with a wide variety of orthopedic patients.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Teaching PT students both in the classroom and clinical setting
- Strength & Conditioning. Victor is a certified strength & conditioning specialist through the NSCA and especially enjoys treating athletes and patient’s with sports injuries
- Return to Sport testing for patient’s recovering from orthopedic and sports injuries
- Biomechanics-Research involving motion capture/motion analysis
- Treating patient’s with shoulder and knee injuries