Assistant Clinical Professor
Phone: (415) 353-7598
Email: [email protected]
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Combined Sciences, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, 2003
- DPT, Physical Therapy, Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, CA, 2006
After Dr. Hoang received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy, she completed an Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency, Manual Therapy Fellowship and Movement Science Fellowship through at Kaiser Permanente in Southern California. She has worked in various clinical settings including private practice and hospital based clinics and is familiar with various treatment approaches which allows her to identify the best treatment for her varied patient population. She is currently the Program Coordinator as well as a mentor and instructor for the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Program at UCSF.
- Advanced Management of the Hip, Non-Operative Approach
Dr. Hoang believes in treating the body as a whole system. Everything is interconnected and even an injury to the toe can affect a person’s swing or pitch. Cathy uses manual therapy to assist the patient to attain optimal movement, then incorporates movement re-education to improve function in her exercise treatment approach.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization
- Functional re-education for upper and lower quarter dysfunctions
- Preventative treatment and education in young athletes