Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSF
Phone: (415) 353-7598
Email: [email protected]
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0625, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Kinesiology, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA 2011
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco State University, CA 2015
- Orthopedic Residency, University of California, San Francisco, CA 2018
Dr. Armstrong is currently working as part of the Faculty Practice at the Lakeshore campus. She obtained her B.S. from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, and her Doctor of Physical Therapy from the University of California San Francisco/San Francisco State University. She worked in a private practice orthopedic clinic in Burlingame for 1.5 years while completing the Folsom Physical Therapy Manual Therapy Course (2016) over fourteen weekends. With a desire to further her clinical reasoning and manual skills, she returned to UCSF to complete an orthopedic residency in 2018. She has experience working in primarily outpatient orthopedic settings.
When not helping patients at the clinic, Elise enjoys baking, walking, traveling, spending time with family and friends, and cheering on the SF Giants.
- PT 400 Grand Round Series (spans all 3 cohorts)
Dr. Armstrong has a wide range of experience treating patients with orthopedic diagnoses. She is currently an outpatient orthopedic therapist at the Faculty Practice, Lakeshore campus. Dr. Armstrong uses a patient-centered and evidence-based approach to treatment with an emphasis on therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, and patient education to support and improve patient’s rehab potential.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Rehabilitation of persons with orthopedic and sport injuries
- Wellness and Injury Prevention
- Diversity and Equity