Assistant Professor, UCSF
- BS, Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 2012
- PhD, Anatomy, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 2018
- Graduate School Certificate in College Teaching, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 2018
Dr. Farkas is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, as well as the Department of Anatomy. He received a BS in kinesiology from the University of Illinois at Chicago and a PhD in anatomy from The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine. In early 2018, Dr. Farkas completed a certificate in College Teaching from The Graduate School at the Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Farkas has expertise in the anatomical sciences, anatomy education, consequences of spinal cord injury on body composition and cardiometabolic profiles, and the neurobiomechanical impact of hip degeneration. He has published in scholarly journals and presented at national and international conferences. Throughout his academic career, Dr. Farkas has been involved in curricula development and teaching anatomy to high school, medical, graduate, and physician assistant students, as well as resident physicians.
- PT 200A, B, C Neuromusculoskeletal Anatomy I, II III
- PT 205 Functional Anatomy Review
- ANA 207 Neuroscience
- PT 203A/B Systems Physiology for the Physical Therapist I, II
- Medical Curriculum: Ground School; Airways, Blood, and Circulation; Renal, Endocrine, GI, and Nutrition; Pathogens & Host Defense; Life Stages; Brain, Movement, & Behavior
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Anatomy education in physical therapy and medicine
- Biomechanics of the hip
- Body composition, cardiometabolic health, and nutritional status in spinal cord injury
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Excellence in Graduate Student Research, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, 2018.
- Karl H. Beyer Jr., M.D., Ph.D. Scholarship for Academic Excellence & Leadership, 2017.
- Graduate Student Poster Presentation Award First Place, American Association of Anatomists 2017 Annual Meeting, 2017.
- Student/Postdoctoral Travel Award, American Association of Anatomists, 2017, 2014.
- American College of Sports Medicine Presidents Cup Finalist, 2017.
- Academic Senate Travel Grant for New and Junior Faculty, University of California, San Francisco, 2019.
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine President’s Cup, 2016.