Email: [email protected]
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0736, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Exercise & Sports Science, University of San Francisco, CA, 2003
- MS, Physical Therapy, University of California San Francisco, CA, 2007
- Fellow of the Pathways to Careers in Clinical and Translational Research (PACCTR), UCSF Clinical Translational Science Institute (CTSI), NIH, 2008-2009
- DPTSc, Physical Therapy, University of California San Francisco, CA, 2010
- Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow: Metabolism & Nutrition in the Biochemistry and Physiology dept, University of California San Francisco, CA, 2012
- Professional Certifications
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Exercise Physiologist (C-EP)
Dr. Kinder graduated with her Master’s (2007) and Doctorate of Physical Therapy Science (2010) from the UCSF/SFSU program in physical therapy, with a focus in Wellness PT. Post-graduation she worked in out-patient orthopedics and taught Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology at the college level. Throughout her clinical care she noticed a pattern of systemic injury and lack of knowledge dissemination within the women’s pelvic health population. Fueled with a passion to bring pelvic and women’s health to the forefront, she opened her own pelvic health PT practice utilizing both in-person and telehealth modes of care. She is excited to now reside at UCSF, to serve as a catalyst of change bringing pelvic and women’s health to the forefront by educating the next generation of physical therapists.
- Anatomy: PT200A,B,C & PT205
- Physiology: PT203A,B
Dr. Kinder’s clinical expertise is pelvic health physical therapy as related to pregnancy, postpartum, peri/postmenopause, and female athletes. She strongly believes in interdisciplinary, patient-centered care and works collaboratively with a patient’s care team. She prides herself in translating evidence based knowledge to clinical practice.
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Pelvic Health
- Women’s Health
- Pregnancy, postpartum, peri and postmenopause
- Female Athletes
Dr. Kinder’s research focuses in the area of women’s pelvic health, in particular the postpartum/pregnancy and female athlete populations, and on the utilization of telehealth in pelvic health physical therapy.
- Kinder, Jennifer & Davenport, Todd & Chong W. Lee, Alan. (2019). Telerehabilitation for Treating Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: A Case Series of 3 Patients' Experiences. Journal of Womenʼs Health Physical Therapy. 43. 44-50.10.1097/JWH.0000000000000120