Assistant Professor, UCSF
Email: [email protected]
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0736, San Francisco, CA 94158
- BS, Business Administration, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 1999
- MS, Physical Therapy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco State University, CA 2006
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco State University, CA 2007
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Informatics, Oregon Health Science University, OR 2017
Dr. Pak is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science. Prior to his faculty appointment, his unique and diverse professional experiences include outpatient orthopedic physical therapist, information systems analyst and regulatory reporting analyst leveraging Electronic Health Record (EHR) Systems to provide quality improvements, provider education, performance metrics, and regulatory compliance. His areas of expertise include biomedical informatics, data analytics and regulatory reporting compliance from the Quality Payment Program. He holds several certifications in Epic EHR system and his interests include incorporating informatics principles into the department and profession of physical therapy to advance rehabilitation science research, education, and patient care.
- PT 214 Administration and Organization in Physical Therapy
- PT 199 Clinical Informatics and Electronic Health Record
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Bioinformatics in Rehabilitation Science
- Quality Measure and Patient-Centered Outcome
- Health Disparity and Outcome Variation in Physical Therapy Practice
- Population Health and Chronic Diseases
Pak, S.S., Patten, C. Strengthening to Promote Functional Recovery Post-stroke: An evidence-based Review. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, 15(3):177-199, 2008.