Clinical Professor, UCSF
Director of Clinical Education (DCE)
DPT Associate Program Director
Phone: (415) 514-6773
Email: [email protected]
Mailing: UCSF, Box 0736, San Francisco, CA 94143
- BS, Physical Therapy, New York University, NY, 1988
- MS, Post-professional PT, University of Indianapolis, IN, 1993
- t-DPT, Physical Therapy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Institute of Health Professions, Boston, MA, 2010
Dr. Theresa Jaramillo is the Director of Clinical Education (DCE) for the UCSF/SFSU Graduate Program in Physical Therapy. Her areas of expertise include education and pediatrics. She obtained her BS in Physical Therapy from New York University, followed by a Post-Professional MS with specialization in pediatrics from the University of Indianapolis. She completed her transitional DPT in 2010 from Massachusetts General Hospital. She is a member of the Northern California Clinical Education Consortium and also has professional memberships in the APTA, CPTA, NDTA, and APT. She teaches the APTA-Credentialed Clinical Education Course throughout Northern California.
- PT 410,801,802,418 Director of Clinical Education
- PT 711 Neurological Pathokinesiology II
CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Clinical Education
Dr. Jaramillo is currently working on a research project in collaboration with another PT program on the use of a problem solving approach in working with challenging students in the clinic. She is also very interested in the peer learning 2:1 model in clinical education.