All current students are required to familiarize themselves with the DPT Student Handbook and to comply with all policies and procedures outlined within. A revised version of the Handbook is published at the start of each academic year.
Registration Policies and Deadlines
Students are required to pay fees and file a study list each quarter in order to be considered a registered student. For more information, see the websites of the SF State Registrar's Office and UCSF Office of the Registrar.
Student Disability Services
It is our experience that a number of individuals with disabilities (as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended) are qualified to study and practice physical therapy with the use of reasonable accommodations. To be qualified for the UCSF/SFSU Doctor of Physical Therapy program, those individuals must be able to meet both the academic standards and the technical standards of the program, with or without reasonable accommodations.
We encourage students to engage in a conversation early with Student Disability Services and the DPT Program to discuss what accommodations might be possible given the program requirements. For further information regarding services and resources for students with disabilities and/or to request accommodations, please see UCSF Student Disability Services.
- Email: UCSF Email; SFSU Email
- Online Learning: UCSF Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE); SFSU iLearn
- Student Portal: UCSF SAA Student Portal; SFSU MySFSU
- SFSU Bulletin: https://bulletin.sfsu.edu/
- SFSU Division of Graduate Studies Grad Guide: https://grad.sfsu.edu/sites/default/files/forms/student-gradguide.pdf
- UCSF Graduate Division website: https://graduate.ucsf.edu/
Offices & Services
- UCSF Registrar; SFSU Registrar; UCSF Financial Aid
- UCSF Library; SFSU Library
- SFSU Campus Store
- Housing; UCSF Student Academic Affairs
Office of Student Life:
- UCSF Student Inside Guide; SFSU Student Life
- UCSF Disability Services; SFSU Disability Services; UCSF Learning Resource Services
Health & Fitness:
Emergency & Safety:
- UCSF Emergency Procedures; SFSU Student Guidance for Emergencies
- UCSF Police; SFSU Police; UCSF WarnMe
SF Bay Area Events & Activities
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA); California Physical Therapy Association
- The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy; Physical Therapy Board of California
The program is proud to reach the Gold Level for the Reach 100% Student Membership Challenge sponsored by the APTA.